Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Blog - revisited

Hello all,
and sorry for the shabby job keeping this thing updated. No photos this time, but plenty to tell to be sure. Lately things have been a little crazy and I have been working quite a bit. To be honest it is a welcome change, as a few weeks ago I was struggling just to get any number of hours accumulated. Now, I have the opposite problem and I think I like it - keeps me out of the pubs and money in my pocket.

I have been crazed by the travel bug lately as well. I discovered a website that, if booked far enough in advance, you can score really cheap tickets to ust about anywhere. I have already booked two trips for early next year. In February I am going to Catania, in Sicily Italy. It should be amazing and it only cost me 45 Euro. I found for the same price a round trip ticket to Palma de Majorca - a city on a spanish Island in April. It is so exciting to be booking trips to places that I never would have thought I would have the opportunity to visit.

I have been working for 8 straight days, and am scheduled for 5 more without a break. On Monday, the only day off anytime soon I will be trying something rather new to me - couchsurfing. On couchsurfing.com, you can join up and enter a community of world travelers that offer their couches, free of charge, to those passing through their respective towns. I have already secured a location in Munich on sunday night and will be relieved to be getting out of Garmisch, if only for a day, to explore Munich with a local. For anyone that may read this blog and would be interested in this type of thing, please sign up!

www.couchsurfing.com

Well, until next time, love to all and stay in touch!

1 comment:

dust said...

Ahhh dude, glad you're doing well, you're definitely missed over here. You coming home any time soon?