Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Beer Trinkin

The Flying Saucer, a local (and my favorite) watering hole in the University area has over 200 beers on tap. On Mondays, they offer each and every one of these up for $2.50 each. For the first time in a long, long time I attended $2.50 pint night at the saucer tonight, and realized just how much I have missed it. There are very few things better than an hour over an Oatmeal Stout and a group of friends after work.

During my break at work tonight I decided to call up some people and have them meet at the bar and enjoy a beer or two. Dave Miller, an old roomie and good friend, was first on board. He was followed by a few others; and we all met there around 10:30.

The bands that play at this place are always the same group of semi-talented musicians playing other band's hit songs - whatever, its a bar.

Of course, as the night goes on, I see many familiar faces stroll in the door and am soon greeted by them with open arms and a jovial hello. This is always nice, especially when you never get out anymore!

So, needless to say, I headed home a bit refreshed in more ways than one... hooray BEER (in moderation)

No comments: