Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Round 2...

As some of you may know, my intent for last summer was to go to Germany and attend the world cup. While I do love soccer, the WC was only a reason to travel abroad. The dream of the Germany visit went up in smoke when I realized just how in debt I would be upon returning stateside. So, I stayed here and raced mountain bikes instead.

Well, I've got the travel bug again this year and oddly enough the destination hasn't changed. The means and circumstances may, however, be entirely different this time around. I have been made aware of a program that allows young US citizens the opportunity to travel to Germany and work in a world class resort as waiters and waitresses. Check out the link to the resort below:

Edelweiss Lodge and Resort

As you can see, this place is mind-blowing! I am sending off the application today and am hoping against all hope that they will admit me for an interview. If I get the interview, I know I can get the position.

The perks for working for these people are outrageous:
-$8/hr (US) plus gratuity
-Living expenses (room and food) only $30/mo.
-5 days on, 2 days off - with a paid weeks vacation after 6 months
-401K
-They pay for the flight(s) to and from the resort
-They have bike rides into the surrounding countryside (both on and off road)
-Just imagine the people I'll meet, the things I'll do
-Its in the ALPSSSSSSSS


So, here we go again. Destination Germany... round zwei!

2 comments:

MB said...

sorry i keep missing your phone calls! leave a voice mail next time...

Anonymous said...

Good words.