Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Spring's Broken

Today marks the beginning of the end for my Spring Breaks, if you can call them that. The only time I have ever really took advantage of this week I have off from school was last year when the guys and I rented out a house in the Outer Banks. I suppose once was enough for me though, seeing how the other 51 weeks of the year I make it a point to take my own little (and sometimes large) breaks from responsibility.

So, instead of going to Panama City or the Bahamas or whatever else college kids do on the typical spring break you hear about on MTV, I'll be doing business as usual... as usually is the case this time of year.

I did the radio thing this morning and left with a certain feeling of importance. The radio show host, Mike Collins, and I talk pretty regularly and comfortably. At the onset of my internship, as I only assume is natural, I was very intimidated by the whole thing. However I have grown comfortable with the realization that the people running this show (so to speak) are no smarter, more talented, or more capable than me, just more experienced; and I'm glad to have always been a fast learner.

This afternoon, I went to Huntersville for my weekly visit with Dominic. Dominic is a 12yr old boy that was on a soccer team that I coached a few years back. After I quit coaching, his parents got in touch with me more than a year later and wanted me to train Dominic one-on-one. As it turns out, the kid looks up to me and had listened to every word I ever said to him as his coach!

It's funny for me to be in this position, as I remember the guys that I felt this very same way about; and it seems like only yesterday. Thinking about it now, "yesterday" was 10+ years ago... wow.

Conclusion? I'm 23 years old, a role model, and a key holder to a multi-million dollar studio in uptown Charlotte; and the best part of it all...

I still have no clue what I'm doing, and it's fun as hell.

1 comment:

MB said...

AANNDD...
You can totally pull off wearing a hippo on your head!