Sunday, March 25, 2007

Patrick Combs and Old Rag

Patrick Combs (you may have heard of him) is a normal person turned celeb. He cashed one of those get rich quick scheme checks that you get in the mail that have strings attached. Some how, he found some loophole and was able to keep the sum of 95,000 with no further obligation.

Long story short, we were to have him as a guest on the radio show on Friday, only he was nowhere to be found with about 3 minutes til air time. I get a message from the staff at Spirit square where we hold the show from this guys promoter/manager or whatever telling us to call him. So I do.

"I'm on my way to his hotel and am stuck in traffic and will not be able to get him to the studio for another thirty minutes" the overly excited Eric on the phone screams at me. Upon asking where this hotel is, I find that it is the Dunhill. For those of you that are familiar with Charlotte, the Dunhill is the oldest and swankiest hotel in Charlotte and also happens to be right across the damn street from Spirit Square. For some reason this guy needs a limo to take him a block and half.

I run across traffic, track him down, and drag him to the studio just in time to do the show. I receive many kudos from important people...





On a non work related note, I took a trip to VA with the little brother to visit family. We decided to go hiking and climb a mountain called Old Rag. The trail was no joke, and was nearly impassable. There were elements of rock climbing and rock scrambling. Very difficult, so very fun! Below are some pictures from the excursion, and I have about 60 of them. If you want to see them all, let me know.


Elevation at the peak= >3900ft

1 comment:

poolsidebecca said...

He did not keep the money. It was legally his but the banks kept on him to give it up so he did and in return got $5. Get the story straight.

http://www.patrickcombs.com/writing/view_stories.cfm?id=11&page_id=2