Monday, March 12, 2007

Motivation? Anybody?? Anybody? No?..... ok

For the last few weeks I have been doing quite well in terms of training and staying busy. Yesterday, I hit a wall that I am trying to climb today... with no luck so far.

Every month I organize a potluck dinner at the Bonnie Mansion (the nickname for the house we rent). Yesterday, we had "Potluck of the Irish" for this months' theme. It was a great, sunny, warm day and usually there is no way that I would even think about staying off my bike, much less inside all day. But this was potluck.... so I stayed in, ate a lot, and played games with the crew.

Although the potluck was good times I think it made me realized how much easier being lazy is; and now I don't want to be active again. Furthermore, and against my better judgment, I let a co-worker who is considering buying a road bike test ride my bike. This means that he is returning it when I go into work today and I do not have it to ride today. Soooo, I guess I'll do a trail run, maybe.

No comments: